At The Housing Connection, people are central to everything we do. We support adults with intellectual and other disabilities to live valued and rewarding lives in the community. We provide support, tailored to each person to support them to achieve exceptional outcomes.
- We are looking for an individual who can help meet the support needs of our female client.
- Someone who can drive and has a car
- A female and preferably under the age of 45-50 to match the client’s age
- Someone who enjoys doing creative activities like playing video games or art
- A minimum of two years demonstrated experience in providing direct support services to adults with a disability, challenging behaviour, dual diagnosis and complex needs to an exemplary standard.
- To deliver individually tailored supports – a person-centered focus and culture – for each person that meets their identified needs and goals.
- To focus on skills development and capacity building resulting in quality of life outcomes such as facilitating valued relational experiences and connections, develop positive interests, skills and conduct to enhance their community living, and to sense and believe in their valued social roles within their communities.
Come join our team of friendly, passionate, and supportive workers and our clients who feel like family. We treat our employees well and have many other perks and benefits.
Casual position with flexible schedules – depending on client needs.
$38.08 per hour, plus super and Fringe Benefits of up to $15,990 pa.
Social Educators are hired on the SCHADS Award.
3 Covid vaccines, a right to work in Australia and NDIS workers check are required.
Driver with own vehicle is preferred.
Training will be required to include First Aid.
To apply view the position description and submit your details, attach a cover letter addressing our requirements and how you can deliver to the role (no more than 1 x A4) and Resume via the form below.