Come work with THC!
At The Housing Connection, people are central to everything we do. We support adults with intellectual and other disabilities to live valued and rewarding lives in the community. We provide support, tailored to each person to support them to achieve exceptional outcomes.
- We are looking for individuals who have demonstrated experience with complex needs, and/or in out of home care.
- A minimum of two years demonstrated experience in providing direct support services to adults with a disability, challenging behaviour, dual diagnosis and complex needs to an exemplary standard.
- Demonstrated ability to reliably and accurately implement person-centred plans, positive support strategies, risk management strategies and skills development plans.
- To deliver individually tailored supports – a person-centered focus and culture – for each person that meets their identified needs and goals.
- To focus on skills development and capacity building resulting in quality of life outcomes such as facilitating valued relational experiences and connections, develop positive interests, skills and conduct to enhance their community living, and to sense and believe in their valued social roles within their communities.
- To lead the oversight of support for identified participants, and to ensure a team approach toward service delivery.
- To provide appropriate training and support to team members, in accordance with the philosophy and policies of The Housing Connection.
Come join our team of friendly, passionate, and supportive workers and our clients who feel like family. We treat our employees well and have many other perks and benefits.
Permanent position with full-time hours (76 hour fortnight contract).
$32.90 per hour, plus super and Fringe Benefits of up to $15,990 pa.
Working hours from Monday to Friday predominantly.
Senior Social Educators are hired on the SCHADS Award- Level 3.
To apply view the position description and submit your details, attach a cover letter addressing our requirements and how you can deliver to the role (no more than 1 x A4) and Resume via the form below.