What is support coordination?
There are three levels of support coordination that can be included in your plan:
- Support connection – This support is to build your ability to connect with informal, community and funded supports enabling you to get the most out of your plan and achieve your goals.
- Support coordination – coordination of supports: This support will assist you to build the skills you need to understand, implement and use your plan. A support coordinator will work with you to ensure a mix of supports are used to increase your capacity to maintain relationships, manage service delivery tasks, live more independently and be included in your community.
- Specialist support coordination – This is a higher level of support coordination. It is for people whose situations are more complex and who need specialist support. A specialist Support Coordinator will assist you to manage challenges in your support environment and ensuring consistent delivery of service.
Depending on your individual goals, plan objectives and aspirations you may receive funding for these supports in your plan.
Support coordination line items added during COVID-19 pricing update
Three new support coordination items have been introduced to the NDIS Support Catalogue under Core Supports, Assistance with Daily Life, effective 25 March 2020:
- 01_790_0106_8_3 – Level 1: Support Connection
- 01_791_0106_8_3 – Level 2: Coordination Of Supports
- 01_794_0132_8_3 – Level 3: Specialist Support Coordination
The new line items duplicate items already claimable under Capacity Building Supports.
The new item numbers allow participants to use their funds more flexibly to access these supports from either their Core or Capacity Building budgets.