We are hiring Casual Social Educators for an immediate start!
Are you looking for a flexible and rewarding role where you can truly make a difference?
THC is an ideal workplace for those looking to make a real difference in our people’s lives. You could be our next Social Educator, making a strong impact on the people we support, and our community that is based on positive relationships.
About the Opportunity
The Housing Connection is seeking dedicated Disability Support Workers (Social Educators) to join their team. We have flexible hours including mornings, afternoons, evening, weekends and sleepover shifts depending on your availability. This role is casual with prospects of becoming full-time for the right candidates.
This highly rewarding and varied role will see you working closely with people with disabilities to encourage them to live valued lives more independently.
Your responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with day-to-day activities, including personal care;
- Fostering friendships and building informal networks within their communities;
- Drop-in support at people’s homes;
- Going out and about with clients in their local communities;
- Promoting meaningful experiences and enhancing valued roles;
- Participating in team meetings, reporting on client progress as required.
Let’s talk about You
- To be successful in this position you will ideally have 2-3 years of experience in providing support to people with disabilities, including complex needs;
- Have the ability to carry out shift work, potentially including sleepovers;
- Be enthusiastic and creative with a strong commitment to social justice and passionate about encouraging people with a disability to follow their dreams, aspirations and goals;
- Relevant experience and/or qualification is required. Relevant qualifications include Social Work, Psychology, Certification in disability support. We are open to fresh graduates from university and student placements.
- Someone who speaks French or Portuguese is a bonus.
Starting at $38.0 – $39.26 per hour under the SCHADS Award: Level 2, and commensurate with qualifications and experience plus Superannuation. Salary Packaging Fringe Benefits of up to $15,990 pa.
We value diversity and inclusivity, with staff from over 25 countries! We also offer many perks to our employees including discounts from major retailers like Woolworths, JB HIFI, Apple, Samsung, Coles. We have an Employee Referral and Recognition program. THC is a registered non-profit and you will get Salary Packaging benefits to increase your overall take home pay.
Please note: A current and valid driver’s licence along with a car is required, the ability to live and work in Australia and 3 covid vaccines is essential for this position. NDIS workers check is required. Training will be provided to include First Aid.
View the position description, submit your CV and attach a cover letter addressing the selection criteria (no more than 1 x A4) via the form below. We aim to respond to you in 5-6 working days.